Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Where we are

Last time we talked I told you that we had made the decision to switch our adoption to China! YAY!!
We did the paper chase, again. Went back to the Dr. to get another form signed. "Yes, I know you already filled this out for us once but we need it done again, for China. Thank you very much" I said that sentence a lot in the last couple of months. We had to have references done again, along with new background checks and order ANOTHER copy of our marriage license and birth certificates. Crazy, I know but it is what it is.
So, our paperwork, for now, is all done. That was our goal before we left for Florida for spring break. I wanted to not have to think about that while we were gone enjoying our vacation.















We had 14 documents were sent to the State of Michigan to get authenticated, then they were off to DC to get another seal. That is where they sit. They will then come back to our agency in TN and they will send them off to CHINA!!!! We should be  DTC(Dossier to China) by May. Did that go over your head? It did mine at first. The world of Chinese adoptions has MANY acronyms. HS (Home Study), DTC, LID (Log in date), PA (pre approved), LOA (Letter of Acceptance) and MANY more. I can't keep up with them. All these Facebook groups I'm a part of talk in acronyms, so confusing. All I know is that our Docs should be to China in the next few weeks. They spend a couple, few weeks there getting processed. We then are issued a LID (log in date). Once we have that date we are eligible to be matched with a precious little girl. Our agency has seen referrals within 24 hours of that LID, it could also take a couple of months. So we could be just a few short months from knowing who our daughter/sister is!!! Can't stand it.
Our prayer is only that we hear the very clear whisper of the Holy Spirit when it comes to a referral. "She is yours" Oh, I cannot wait to hear it! I truly believe that there is a little girl on the other side of the world that the Lord has planned from the beginning of time, would be in our family. To think about that is crazy talk to me because just a few short years ago, I would have told you I was DONE having kids. I may HAVE told some of you that! Every time I said that, the Lord was laughing at me! "Oh, no you're not!" :)
For all my adoptive mamas out there you have to read Forever Mom by Mary Ostyn. This book was given to me by a dear loved one. It has been the best book, by far, that I have read on this journey. I will be reading it again.  It has invaluable information in it and is so relatable!
Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. We will keep you posted on the movement of our paperwork!

1 comment: